Dec 11, 2009

Dear Santa; All I want for Christmas is to orbit the moon.


Dear Santa, for a cool hundred million US, yes, US$100,000,000 I can buy a space flight and orbit the moon, International Space Station lay-over included and return. So far I don't seem to be able to actually walk on the moon, but hey, would you buy a ticket on the only ever Russian rocket to attempt a moon landing?

So, Santa, I've been reasonably well behaved, and if you were to say, tax everyone (else's) toys in only Australia by about $6 each, I'd be able to see myself clear to a modest holiday on board the ISS. I'd be ever so completely grateful.

I know, you're probably thinking it sounds like a lot of money, but these guys reckon it only takes 4 years to raise 100mill. And this beach umbrella is apparently worth $34mil, so I'd say putting me within apple-throwing distance of the moon for a few weeks is totally worth it.

And anyway, I just want to be the guy who rings up the (online) Adrenalin store, hands over 100 million in (what would it even be, government bonds? Swiss bankers? Who'd be mad enough to use a credit card with a 100mil limit on it? On the internet!??! ), anyway, hands over 100million in a very tightly secured bank vault in a tax-free, but unlikely to have a military coup this week, Pacific island, and says "Hi, I'd like the moon package please."

So, Santa, how about it eh?
Yours in anticipation

No comments:

Post a Comment