Jan 5, 2010

What the?! It's 10 days since Christmas, leave off the Easter Buns already!

So it's not enough that I'm back at work less than two weeks after Christmas, or that we've all managed to catch a cold in the middle of summer, but today, we walked into the local supermarket at Kippax, and they are selling [are you ready for this?] Hot Cross Buns. Hot, freaking cross buns and the first weak of the year isn't even half over.

I kid you not. Seriously, they were so in-your-face out front I didn't even notice until Flavia pointed them out. I know people often complain that the hot cross buns are out a few days after Christmas or even in Jan but I'd always taken that as a bit of an exaggeration.

I understand that as a card-carrying pagan I have no call being upset about anyone selling me sugary bread with sultanas in on any day of the year, I just wish the local commercial operators wouldn't be so blatant in their lack of imagination when it comes to ripping me off. Because it's January 5th, and Easter is only well.... the next food-based holiday to cash in on. I haven't spotted Easter eggs yet.....

Post-script Jan 7: Easter Eggs. Here is what I will be eating until April

No comments:

Post a Comment